Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just Like Papa!

Grandpa's biggest fan!


So my dad has recently came back to his great hall of memories and got a Harley Davidson Sportster, it scares my mom to death that he is driving it now in his latter years but since it makes him happy she's willing to allow it (as long as he wears his helmet), but she hasn't been brave enough to bust open her brand new helmet and climb onto the back of it yet.

But one person who isn't scared is our little rugrat, first thing he did when he escaped into grandpa's garage was climb up onto the bike all by himself and immediately try to figure out how to get it on and now any time he sees a motorcylce driving around he yells "bike! bike!". So the other morning my dad walked into the kitchen while getting ready to leave with his helmet under his arm, when Xander spotted it and called it a hat and insisted on wearing it! And soon enough he put two and two together and put it on his head on and staggered down the stairs in the over sized helmet into the garage and climbed back up on the motorcylce! Any time we aren't quite sure where he's at the first place to check is the garage and we usually find him sitting on the Harley. He's too funny and I'm sure makes his papa proud!

Yesterday my dad had his first passenger in years, my sister in law Yuki went for a ride to antelope island with him. Xander was reluctant to get off and upset to see them drive off without him. My mom was just happy to have them both happy to return in safety... maybe she'll be riding with him soon!







6 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys are having a ton of fun this summer! I can't believe how blond Xander's hair is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOU!!!! I WANT TO SEE YOUR CUTE FACE!! When I get back to Cedar we need to get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute, we MISS ya in the ward! How are the new places!! Xander is so cute and growing SO fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of him in your dad's helmet. It was fun to see you at the reunion. I'm anxious to be able to see your blog now so that we can keep in touch. Our blog is www.bennettsareus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I miss seeing you! Hope your enjoying sunset and having a back yard! Gook luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I didn't know you blogged, I'm glad I found it so we can stay in touch. I'm sorry that we didn't get to hang out but you moved in and we moved out. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete